Monday, August 31, 2015

A Review of the Dive Cup

WARNING: TMI

-----------------------------

OK, so what I am about to do is THE definition of a humbled idealist!

I have been wanting to try the Diva Cup for years. And I even mentioned it in the blog post prior to this to motivate myself to try it out!

Welp, I've tried it out. And I was NOT in love. I really wanted to love the thing and be converted for life! It sounded like such an awesome money saver, not to mention a safe product that wasn't constantly putting my intimate lady bits in touch with bleach and potential toxins that increases crmps and the duration of my menstration!

Alas, trying it out really, really freaked me out! And that is because, dear readers, it kinda got stuck up there. I had to use my muscles to push it down. A cold sweat broke over me in the process, and even though I knew I was being completely irrational, a wild panic erupted within. After a bit of finagling, it finally came out with a loud POP! I wanted to throw it into the trash immediately, but I just can't stomach the idea of throwing away almost $30. So for now, it has been "set aside" for another time.

I still think in theory its a great product....but in reality, I will probably stick to my "glad rags" for bit longer.

---------------------

How about you? Have you tried an alternative to disposable feminine care?

No comments:

Post a Comment